This is one of those vegetarian recipes that blew me away and made me realize just how easy it is to switch your meat eating ways. This is hearty, filling and full of protein.
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 10 ounces firm tofu, drained
- ¼ cup walnuts, finely ground
- ½ cup cooked brown lentils
- 1¼ cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce or ketchup (plus additional for topping)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF/190ºC.
- Sauté the celery, onion, and garlic on high heat in a skillet with a few drops of water for 5 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat and cool.
- Mash the tofu in a large bowl. Stir in the cooked mixture and remaining ingredients, and combine well.
- Spoon the mixture into a parchment-lined loaf pan. Top with a layer of BBQ sauce.
- Bake for 55–60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
With the leftovers make sandwiches and wraps. We ate ours with creamy mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy.