As I have been building my "family database" of recipes we can all AGREE ON, I have noticed that we go through alot of chickpeas, which is a good thing.
"As a rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber, chickpeas may offer a variety of health benefits, such as improving digestion, aiding weight management and reducing the risk of several diseases. Additionally, chickpeas are high in protein and make an excellent replacement for meat in vegetarian and vegan diets."
As we have been eating more plant based meals I am seeing that chickpeas are used as a replacement for so many things. Here are some of my fav recipes using these tiny healthy morsels - breakfast, lunch, dinner, appies and dessert!
- Indian Chickpea + Sweet Potato stewOctober 12, 2020
- Peanut Butter and Chickpea SoupOctober 7, 2020
- Roasted ChickpeasOctober 7, 2020
- Hummus RecipeAugust 25, 2020
- Chicken shawarmaAugust 25, 2020
- Peanut Butter + Banana Chocolate Chickpea BrowniesAugust 3, 2020
- Chickpea and Avocado Salad with FetaMay 26, 2017
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chickpea and Sweet Potato CurryMarch 20, 2017
- Carrot & Chickpea burgersJanuary 16, 2017