So easy – I call this my pantry soup. Tastes better the next day once it thickens up.
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tblspoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tbls curry powder
- 1 tbls ground cumin
- Puree chickpeas, 1 cup of broth, and peanut butter (blender or food processer
- Heat olive oil in saucepan, saute onions and ginger 7- 8 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder and cumin, saute another minute.
- Add remaining broth, tomatoes, and chickpea puree.
- Simmer 5 minutes and serve