This is the meal I usually gravitate to when out for dinner. It seems to be on many menus now but it is so simple to make at home. Seems that all my meals are in bowls these days : )
TUNA (OR YOU CAN USE SALMON)
- 1/2 pound sushi grade tuna, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
For The Bowl
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice (any rice will do)
- 1 cup cucumbers, diced 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 medium avocado sliced
- Radish – shredded or sliced thin
- 2 scallions, sliced for garnish
- 1 teaspoon white (or black) sesame seeds
- a little drizzle of sesame oil (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna with scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil and sriracha. Gently toss to combine and set aside while you prepare the bowls.
- In 2 bowls, layer 1/2 the rice, 1/2 the tuna, avocado, cucumber, radishes and scallions.
- Drizzle with spicy mayo and sesame seeds and serve with extra soy sauce on the side, if desired.