I created this recipe by accident using the Epicure Mango Curry seasoning which was supposed to be used for a dip but as usually I don’t follow instruction well.
Coconut oil is so good for you, so use it whenever you can.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium white or red onion – diced
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons mango curry seasoning (make your own with 1tbs curry, 1 tbls tumeric, 1 tbls ground mango)
- 1 cup basil – chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
INSTRUCTIONS BELOW PHOTO
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in frying pan – add onion, sautée for a few minutes
- Add 1 tablespoon of the Mango Curry seasoning from Epicure and stir – 1 minute
- Add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rice, stir and simmer on low for 10 mins (or according to package)
- Once all the liquid is gone and rice is fluffy add 2 more tablespoons of the Mango Curry, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, salt, shredded coconut and basil. Mix together and keep warm until serving.
This recipe is great as a side dish with almost anything!