I have one of these every day – high in protein and just that sweet boost I need at around 3pm to get me through to dinner.
- 1 can (15 ounce) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup – or honey
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 scoop of protein powder – I use vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
INSTRUCTIONS BELOW PHOTO
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8×8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. I recommend an 8×8 baking inch pan as using a 9×9 inch pan may make the bars too thin.
In a food processor, add all ingredients. Blend until dough consistency
Spread batter pan (spray with cooking spray) then sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
Cool and put in fridge. Makes 16 blondies. (these also freeze well