Feeding your body certain foods may help keep your immune system strong. Plan your meals to include these 15 powerful immune system boosters.
1. Citrus fruits – Vitamin C
2. Red bell peppers – red bell peppers contain twice as much vitamin C as citrus.
3. Broccoli – Broccoli is supercharged with vitamins and minerals. Packed with vitamins A, C, and E, as well as many other antioxidants and fiber, broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables you can put on your table.
4. Garlic – garlic may also help lower blood pressure and slow down hardening of the arteries
5. Ginger – Ginger may help decrease inflammation, which can help reduce a sore throat and other inflammatory illnesses. Ginger may also help decrease nausea.
6. Spinach – Spinach made our list not just because it’s rich in vitamin C.
7. Yogurt – “live and active cultures” may stimulate your immune system to help fight diseases.
8. Almonds – Nuts, such as almonds, are packed with vitamins and also have healthy fats.
9. Turmeric – has been used for years as an anti-inflammatory in treating both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
10. Green tea
11. Papaya – Papaya is another fruit loaded with vitamin C. You can find 224 percent of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C in a single papaya.
14. Sunflower seeds – Sunflower seeds are full of nutrients, including phosphorous, magnesium, and vitamin B-6. They’re also incredibly high in vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant.
15. Shellfish – High in Zinc: crab – clams – lobster – mussels
Variety is the key to proper nutrition…. .