Healthy snack for the kids and so easy to make!
4 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup white or whole wheat flour
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips*
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Place granola mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet and shape into a rectangle, about 13 x 9 x 1 inch thick.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely then cut into 3 x 1 inch bars.**
- * You can substitute raisins or other dried fruit for the chocolate chips.
- ** Individually wrapped, the bars will remain fresh for several weeks.
You can also add pecans and/or dried cranberries.