A perfect solution for all your leftover pumpkins.
1 tbs Olive Oil
1 onion coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic grated
1 large pumpkin peeled and chopped
1 lemongrass stalk finely chopped or grated (or The zest from 1/2 lemon is equal to two 1 stalk of lemongrass).
1 tbs fresh ginger grated
1 bunch coriander (cilantro)
4 cups vegetable stock
400 ml coconut milk
(photo by Kiwibcreative)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat before adding the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the ginger, lemongrass and coriander roots and stalks. Cook until soft
- Toss the pumpkin in the oil and roast in a 400 oven for 25 mins.
- Once pumpkin is done add to the onion mixture.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil before reducing the heat to lower. Cook for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Add rest of coriander (cilantro) leaves. Blend until the soup is speckled with flecks of green.
- Return to saucepan and add the coconut milk.