This protein-packed slow cooker vegetarian curry recipe is made with chickpeas and sweet potatoes cooked in a rich and creamy Indian-spiced sauce.
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 cups canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth low sodium
- 1 cup coconut milk (FULL FAT)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- brown rice to serve – optional
In a medium bowl, whisk together tomatoes, broth, coconut milk, curry powder, garam masala, smoked paprika, salt and cayenne. Pour mixture over the sweet potatoes and chickpeas…give it a stir.
Cook in slow cooker on high for for 4 hours – then low for 2 hours.
Serve over rice and sprinkle with fresh cilantro