With only 1 week left of summer holidays left our lives will be getting busier and finding time to make dinner may become a little more challenging. To save time you can use pre-made meatballs (chicken, beef or veggie) from the grocery store’s freezer section or make them fresh from your own recipe.
They can be served on a bed of rice or stuffed into a high protein pita for on the go.
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound prepared meatballs (store bought or homemade)
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onion – green and white parts
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 small sweet onion, such as Vidalia – sliced
- 1/2 cup each red, green and yellow peppers
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple cubed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
Heat oil in a large, shallow pan over medium-high heat. Add sweet onion and peppers and cook until slightly softened – about 5 minutes.
Add garlic, green onion, pineapple and meatballs. Stir until well combined.
Blend chicken stock, curry powder and cornstarch together until sugar and cornstarch is dissolved. Pour over meatballs and peppers.
Simmer, stirring often, until meatballs are heated through – about 10 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice if using.
See more great recipes on Healthy Diabetic