Serve this high protein dish as a soup or add some more low GI (Glycemic Index) beans and veggies and serve it as a stick to your ribs chili.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) can chili beans
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid oz) can or bottle of beer
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breast
- shredded cheddar chesese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.